Femme Fitness Fever

What's a nice femme like me doing in a place like this? Sharing the joys, agonies and sheer craziness of getting in shape after 40 ...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

In the Beginning ...

I'm not exactly sure why I decided to do this, but ... do this I will. I've been hit with the fitness bug recently and wanted a place to jot down my findings, musings, accomplishments, failures, joys, sorrows, and general madness over my somewhat recent determination to get buff. Really buff. "I can't fucking believe you're 42" buff.

I'm already well on my way ... I don't look 42 in the first place, plus I've lost 31 lbs. so far. Which sounds like a lot, if you don't consider the fact I have about another 56 to go to hit my kind of randomly established goal weight. But I gotta tell you ... staring at a 50-lb. weight loss journey is a lot better than staring at a close to 100-lb. one. It doesn't seem so overwhelming and just plain hopeless.

People are noticing the change now, and that's nice. It makes me feel even better about myself and what I've accomplished. Truthfully, it's been a lot of fun and I look forward to working out almost every day. I actually work out six days a week, about 60 minutes a day. I get up at 4:30 a.m. five out of those six days, just so I can "git 'er done" before work - which shows how batshit crazy I am about this whole "get buff" thing.

Onwards and upwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home