Femme Fitness Fever

What's a nice femme like me doing in a place like this? Sharing the joys, agonies and sheer craziness of getting in shape after 40 ...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Happy (Almost) Birthday to Me!

Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeeeee, Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Well, it's actually tomorrow, but I firmly believe in the concept of a "birthday week", not just one day ;)

I did 50 minutes of upper body weights today, followed by 30 minutes of cardio ... and then I cleaned my house for six hours straight. I'm thinking I got in a pretty good workout today, LOL.

Strutt and I are having company this weekend for a BBQ on Sunday, which just so happens to be my free day ... yahooooooooo!!! I'm going to forego going out for my birthday for dinner, which is what we usually do ... I know I'm going to have fun and eat this weekend, so I don't feel bad about it. In my family, we usually wait until the weekend to celebrate birthdays anyway. Besides, Strutt is getting me my very favorite birthday cake for the BBQ ... white cake with strawberry filling and whipped cream icing. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...

Today, I had a protein drink after my workout, followed by scrambled egg whites, oatmeal and a half of a small banana. Lunch was roasted chicken on whole wheat bread with mustard, and I had a handful of walnuts for snack this afternoon. I don't know what I'm going to do about dinner yet, but I'll figure something out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home