Femme Fitness Fever

What's a nice femme like me doing in a place like this? Sharing the joys, agonies and sheer craziness of getting in shape after 40 ...

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Six Week Body Makeover

Yikes ... time has just been slipping by. It was Bootcamp weekend again, and I'm pooped. But supper is in the oven and my daughter is actually peacefully watching TV, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to catch up.

My mother works from home for a company called LiveOps ... they are what is called a "distributed call center," meaning they act as the order center for companies who don't want to invest in building a call center of their own, or are just too small to do so. Most of the companies who have infomercials you see on TV - Ronco, Beachbody, Video Professor, etc. - use LiveOps as their call center. My mother is a sales agent and works from the comfort of her own home, whenever she wants, as many hours as she wants. The money is actually fairly decent and you sure can't beat the commute.

The reason I brought this up - she gets a major discount on many of the products LiveOps takes orders for, especially a lot of the exercise programs you see featured in infomercials. One of them is one that has intrigued me for a long time - the Six Week Body Makeover by Michael Thurmond. I could never justify spending $160 for his program, or even $120 when prices came down recently. But when I found out Mom could get it for 36 bucks ... well, curiosity won out and I asked her to order it for me. She did, and then told me it was an early birthday present, so Happy Birthday to me. I love my Mom :)

The biggest reason I've been curious: on the infomercial, they feature a lot of people who have lost big pounds, like 80-100 or more. Most of the programs you see always have these started-out-pretty-thin chicks who become downright bones after the program - "oh, gosh ... I was a size 10, but I lost 20 lbs. and now I'm a size two!" Feh. I'm interested in the kids who were pushing 250-300 plus, but are now in a normal weight range for their height and have made extraordinary progress.

I got the program and put it together ... and have a wealth of information to share, some good and some I consider not-so-good. It will be little by little, because I never seem to have a lot of time at one sitting, but I promise I will break it down piece by piece as quickly as I can.

That's it for this edition ... stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home