Femme Fitness Fever

What's a nice femme like me doing in a place like this? Sharing the joys, agonies and sheer craziness of getting in shape after 40 ...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It's Only Tuesday and I'm Exhausted

Welcome to hell week. Things have been crazy around work and I couldn’t find a minute to post yesterday. Posting on weekends is a slim to none chance anyway, but I can usually find a couple of minutes through the week – not yesterday! I was wrung out by the time I got home. Of course, Katie decided it was a good night to stay up late and cry unless Mommy was the one holding her. I think kids have this built-in radar that says, “Ooooh, Mommy’s exhausted. Let’s see if we can make her go insane and nudge her right over the cliff unless she lets me cling to her like a giant mollusk.” God bless them … LOL.

Tomorrow is my weigh and measure day. I do it the first of every month – check scale weight and body fat %, then take my chest, waist, hips, upper arm and thigh measurements. I think I did okay this month and I’ll be happy with the results. I didn’t mess up very much at all on my eating plan (unless we count the experiment from hell) and didn’t skip any workouts. I think I deserve at least an “A” for effort :)

I’ll post results tomorrow and hopefully I’ll be able to talk about some of the stuff I read on Tom’s web site over the weekend. I started going through some of his back archives and catching up on stuff. As a former member of Curves, I was stunned to find out one of their 30-minute workouts only burns approximately 184 calories. If you follow their recommended only three times a week exercise schedule, that’s only 552 calories burned through exercise in a week. Do you realize that’s only about two slices of pizza? Good God, no wonder I wasn’t getting anywhere. However, he did have some positive things to say about their program that I’ll share with you tomorrow.

Back to the grindstone …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home