Femme Fitness Fever

What's a nice femme like me doing in a place like this? Sharing the joys, agonies and sheer craziness of getting in shape after 40 ...

Friday, February 24, 2006

The Next Time I Do Something Like This, Shoot Me

I ended up leaving work early yesterday to see my doctor – the dizzy spells just weren’t getting better and I was starting to get a little bit concerned. Dr. R was out of town, but his nurse basically confirmed what my friend told me yesterday – I simply can’t work out the way I do and not consume an adequate amount of carbohydrates. My body was racing to burn anything it could find for fuel and it was messing me up. I am just about back to normal this morning, I think – between last night and this morning, I have had a couple of really light episodes, but nothing like they were. So, THAT is it for THAT, ladies and gentlemen. No more experiments for me (uh huh, and I have some swamp land in Florida I can sell you, too).

I did the Pyramid Upper Body workout this morning. Wow, it was awesome, but do I feel it. I totally maxed out on some of the exercises, and there were even a couple where I failed on the very last rep. I made sure I stretched fully and very carefully both between sets and at the end, but I’m already sore. Tomorrow is going to be interesting, especially if Katie wants me to swing her up in the air – my arms just might fall out of their sockets … LOL. It took me about 50 minutes to do the whole workout, including warm-up and stretching at the end, so I didn’t have any time for the usual 20 minutes of cardio after weights. But I’m going to do it when I get home, although I do prefer to do it in the mornings so I can get my endorphin fix for the day :)

More in a few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home