Femme Fitness Fever

What's a nice femme like me doing in a place like this? Sharing the joys, agonies and sheer craziness of getting in shape after 40 ...

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

More Hell ... :(

I keep promising, promising, promising to catch up and I don’t. Well, I have another hell week – what can I say? Patience! Patience is a virtue, right? Too bad I don’t have any … LOL. But I’m being pulled in 50 million different directions, so this is another quick one.

I wanted to briefly follow up on the Curves conversation. I think I mentioned Curves is somewhat of a joke in the bodybuilding industry and an entire workout burns like only 184 calories. But, amidst all the laughter, someone made a really good point. Curves encouraged women – and a lot of older, overweight women at that – who otherwise would have never thought about joining a fitness center to get off their butts, get out, and get moving. And how can that be a bad thing? Now, we can only hope Curves members eventually take it to the next level, although I think we can safely say that probably won’t be the norm. But if Curves gives these ladies the encouragement to get a little exercise, even if it’s only 30 minutes three times a week, who are we to laugh? It’s way better than nothing.

I have another doctor’s appointment this afternoon about my damned blood pressure. I don’t think the new round of meds worked and I’m getting tired of this. But, Dr. R says we’ll figure it out and I have the utmost faith in him, so I’m not going to get my knickers in a twist over it. Wish me luck and I will try to post again as soon as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home